The Weekly Snapshot was specifically designed to provide rank for one date each week based on the selected date range to demonstrate rank trends. For example, if the date range begins on a Monday, then rank for every Monday during the report period is displayed.
Employing a Rank Color Scale, the Weekly Snapshot report provides a powerful visual that colorfully displays rank progress from week to week during the selected date range for the tracked keywords and search engines. A Competitive View allows comparison of a site's rank progress with its competitors. Choose an SEO widget
to display in a ribbon at the top of the report for an impressive summary of Keyword Rank Performance, Analytics Traffic, Audience Demographics or overall Performance of Rank, Visibility and Traffic.
Weekly Rank Snapshot with SEO Widgets
Weekly Snapshot in Single Domain View with Performance Summary Widget
Weekly Rank by search engine for the selected keywords, keyword tags and date range compared to baseline rank. Performance Summary widget provides an impressive view of Rank Distribution of the top 50 rank positions for each search engine tracked, Visibility Score graph and Traffic graph.
Weekly Snapshot in Single Domain View with Analytics Overview Widget
Weekly Rank by search engine for the selected keywords, keyword tags and date range compared to baseline rank. Analytics Overview widget includes a Traffic graph, Top Channels bar chart of organic search vs. paid search, direct, referral, email and social traffic, and a Device Overview pie chart with percentage of desktop vs. mobile and tablet device search.
Weekly Snapshot with Keyword Performance Widget
Weekly Rank by search engine for the selected keywords, keyword tags and date range compared to baseline rank. Keyword Performance widget provides a comprehensive overview of daily, weekly, monthly and overall Keyword Rank Change on the campaign level, along with Keyword Positions pie chart and position Gain & Loss summary.
View additional SEO Widget
Competitive View Weekly Rank Snapshot
Weekly Rank for the selected keywords, keyword tags and date range highlighting the primary domain rank vs. competitors' rank for each keyword and search engine tracked.
Custom Date Range
- Report Dates from the Report Options calendar tool; or
- a Custom Date Range in the top right toolbar
- Enter a Custom Report Title (optional) to display centered at the top of your report, if desired. This title will also display on your White Label PDF Reports; both in the bookmarked links and at the top of the report
- Group By: group table data by Domains or Keywords
- Show or Hide the Landing Page URL column
- Show or Hide Rank Color Scale
- Show or Hide the Baseline Date
- Show or Hide the Baseline Rank
- Sort Field: sort the report by Keyword,, URL, Landing Page, Tags, Search Volume or Baseline Date
- Sort Direction: Ascending or Descending
- Select the Keywords you want included in the report (use All or None links for quick selection)
Important: When you add keywords to a campaign you need to open Report Options and check the boxes beside the new keywords or click the Reset button to display all keywords in your report. The number of keywords currently included in your report displays directly below the report title where you'll find the words "Displaying # out of ## keywords" for your convenience. That calculation comes from the settings you select here.
- Show or Hide the display of Keyword Tags in the report
- Select Tag(s) to filter the report results by: use the All or None link for quick selection, or individually check the boxes beside the keyword tags to be included in the report.
Important: Refer to Tag Manager for information about creating Keyword Tag Groups and Tag Options.
Domains / URLs
- Choose whether or not to highlight the primary URL (campaign domain) in the report
- Select the websites you want included in the report (use the All or None link for quick selection)
- Select the Search Engines you want included in the report.
- Show or Hide Google AdWords Average Monthly Volume
WidgetsShow or Hide
- Keyword Performance: Keyword Change (daily, weekly, monthly, overall), Keyword Positions pie chart, Gain & Loss (from rank position 1, 2, 3 and top 10)
- Rank, Visibility & Traffic: Rank Distribution table (by search engine and position), Visibility graph and Analytics Total Organic Traffic graph.
- Analytics Overview: Organic Traffic, Top Channels (e.g., organic search, direct traffic, social traffic, referral traffic, email traffic and paid search) and Device Overview (e.g., desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Analytics Demographics: sessions map by locations, age displayed in a table, and gender breakdown in a pie chart
- Organic Page Count: displays the trend of organic traffic and number of unique landing pages over a 12 month period.
- AdWords Overview: presents Transactions or Conversions in a colorful graph comparing Ad Clicks to Goal Completions for the previous 30 days, along with a summary of sessions, ad cost, clicks, number of conversions, conversion rate and goal value all compared to previous period. The default for this widget is Transactions, but if there aren't any then the widget displays Conversions.
- Click the Apply Changes button.
For more information, please refer to:
- Report Default Settings for more information about default setting features and uses.
- The Report Tools section of the User Guide for additional information regarding report views, data export, adding this report to an existing White Label PDF report and more.
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a PDF report by hovering over the gold gear icon and selecting Add to PDF Reports
Select the PDF Report that you want the report or graph added to
Drag the new report or graph into the position you want it to display in the PDF and confirm that the Date settings do not conflict with the automated scheduling settings.
PDF Report Settings - Weekly Snapshot
Add to Marketing Dashboard
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a marketing dashboard:
1. Hover over the gold gear icon and select Add to Marketing Dashboard
2. Select the Dashboard
3. Select the Dashboard Page
that you want the report added to
4. Click the "Go to Dashboard
" link to further customize the report (e.g., drag it to a specific position on the page, change date settings, etc.)
Refer to the Report Options
section for details regarding the display settings, filters and sort options available for this report.
The report date (or date range) is governed by the selected Dashboard date option: Date Selection or Fixed Periods, learn more...
- Daily reports default to the last day of the selected period
- Weekly and monthly reports default to 1 month of data
To change the number of weeks or months displayed in a specific report, click the gear icon for any marketing dashboard report element and expand the Date option section, enter the number and click the Save Button.
Customize Report for Client Dashboard
Client Dashboards display our default report options for each individual report and graph until you modify them. To customize the display of the report, expand the Report Options section, change the settings and click the Apply Changes button.
Then expand Report Options again and hover over the Save icon and select Save as Default for Client Dashboard
After saving the Client Dashboard default, any changes that you make to the report options will not affect the display in the Client Dashboard unless you overwrite it by following these instructions again.
Enable the Report or Graph to display in the Client Dashboard
Open the Campaign Settings > Client Dashboard
screen and check the box corresponding to the report(s) you want displayed in the dashboard, and then click the Save
The meaning of 100+, N/A, N/R, "-" and
The three moving dots
are an indicator that rank tracking is in progress for the keywords and you should check the report later in the day for results. We do the best we can to complete the rank tracking as early as possible every day, however, there are some factors that are beyond our control (e.g., search engine response rate).
Rank Tracker Dashboard displaying tracking in progress for the keywords "smart home technology" and "home security".
is our system default for when our rank tracker did not find the keyword ranking for the primary domain within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines
and rank depth for additional information), and the search engine did
return webpages on other domains with results for the keyword.
Rank Tracker Dashboard displaying 100+ as the rank result for several keywords. Options exist in the Account Settings > Theme & Localization screen to set no rank within tracked results as "100+", "N/A", "NR", or "-"
means that the search engine did not
return any result for the keyword, which most likely means that the keyword is not indexed by the search engine at all (e.g., the keyword "lawn mower Nome, Alaska").
N/A is also an account-wide option that can be selected in the Theme & Localization settings
to represent no rank value (e.g., instead of 100+), other options include "NR", "-", or "100+". Please check your account settings before requesting assistance for a keyword that you are certain is indexed.
If you're using one of our rank reporting APIs
, they return a dash "-" in the rank field when no value is available.
If your account is relatively new, and depending on several variables (number of keywords, number of search engines, date range, etc.), rank reports can take anywhere from a few minutes to a 8 hours until your first reports will display all of the data. In the case of a campaign that is a day or more old, incorrect campaign configuration can lead to empty reports as well. Clicking the Default Report Settings
button usually resolves the issue.
Common causes for 'no data found' message:
- Account is new and our rank tracker is gathering data
- Invalid date range (e.g., the report start date is older than the campaign creation date)
- Keyword / URL combination on report options was not found
- within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines and rank depth for additional information). Note that this is relevant only for rank reports and graphs.
- Incomplete campaign setup (missing URL / Keywords / Search Engines / Authorized Connections)
- Website is new and hasn't been indexed by search engines yet
- Authorized connection to a third party data provider has expired or been configured incorrectly (refer to the third party integration, or specific report documentation)
- Delays or outage of third party data provider (e.g., Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
If keywords are missing completely from a rank report, there are 2 possibilities:
- New keywords may have been added to the campaign, but not selected. Learn more...
- The search engine did not return any result for the keyword on any domain. In some rank reports, Rank Ranger will not display keywords for which the search engine displays no results - meaning no results for any URL on the web. So if Google.com has results, but Google Mobile does not, you will see results for the keyword in the Google.com table, but the keyword will not display at all in the Google Mobile table. That is the way the system is designed because it needs a response from the search engine in order to record a number and when there is no response, then there is no number.
If you need assistance after reviewing and trying the options listed above, please contact our technical support team
There is a maximum limit of 1000 keywords per campaign
in order to ensure efficient report generation and convenient viewing. Adding more than 1000 keywords to a campaign will cause some functionality to be disabled.
If you need to track more than 1000 keywords for a site, then best practice is to create additional campaigns (e.g., separate them by keyword category, location, tags, etc.). If you have an Enterprise package, you can view rank performance data for multiple campaigns in the Portfolio Report
and by using cross-campaign metrics in the Insight Graph
and Single Metric Widgets